Thursday, October 23, 2014

"It's working! They're melting!" - Matilde

As a kid, like my own, I enjoyed infomercials. I loved the way they dazzled you and made you continue watching not because there was nothing else on tv but because you wanted to know more. You believed by the end of their 15-30 minutes of paid programming that you could not live a normal American life without their prized product. My favorite was for the Ronco Food Dehydrator. I longed for this magnificent machine that could turn my fresh fruits into candy, my vegetables into edible treats, and my meats into marinated handheld healthy snacks. Finally, after living years without dehydrated foods, it's mine. A beautiful four-tiered (the fifth was missing), fanless, second-hand Ronco that's all mine! A fantastic gift from my in-laws. Fantastic!

This evening Matilde and I prepped six bananas in a water/honey mixture and carefully placed each slice onto our trays. They will spend the next 36 hours shrinking down and drying out into crispy little chips that are perfect for snacking. 

Dreams do come true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment