Wednesday, August 5, 2015

We are home!

After an amazing week of camping, we are finally settled in at home! A big THANK YOU to my sister for helping with farm chores in our absence. 

--

We thought that the heat had gotten to our hens since we have been eggless for a while. Molting, broodiness, the heat, the move...so many reasons not to lay eggs! Aaaack! Danielle didn't gather any while we were out of town since they were not laying. I checked again for myself yesterday and still nothing. But, of course, Andy checks today and we have nearly a dozen! I know you're all tired of hearing about our egg woes, but it was looking bleak there for a while! Now I'm happy as a clam and can finally turn our "eggs for sale" sign around. We have so many neighbors waiting for dozens of eggs. It really is a good feeling to pass along a carton of fresh eggs and I can't wait to see the smiles once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment