Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Roasted Seeds

Last night we roasted our pumpkin seeds and Tilly couldn't keep her mitts off of them!  She even took some for her friend, Levi, who had never tried them before. The only problem I had was me leaving them out. I think they lost their crispiness by being left out overnight. I started late, and I was too tired to wait for them to cool. Next time, I will wait because nothing tastes quite like autumn like freshly roasted and toasted pumpkin seeds. :) 
--
Rinse and strain the seeds to clean out your gross pumpkin guts. 
Boil the cleaned seeds in salt water for about 10 minutes. 
Pat them dry. 
Set them flat on a baking sheet. Try not to overlap too much. 
Season to your liking. We like plain salted seeds, but I know others add cinnamon or even spice for a kick. 
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Mix the seeds and flatten them before roasting another 10 minutes. 
That should do it! 
Watch for them to brown. Remember that the seeds cook faster than their shells, so if the shells are dark brown the seeds may be black!  Ovens vary, so use the 10 minute roasting times as a guide.
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment