Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cat Nap

Looks like the same ol' Tina, but she is beginning to mouse like the cat she was born to be!  

She started mousing last night.  I'm sure she's done it before, but I finally witnessed her doing it.  
 
Living in the city there is an increased number of rodents in our area and having a farm with smells, spilled feed, and decomposing food scraps, we attract a few extra as well.  Last night, I caught a mouse sneaking through the barnyard, so I grabbed Tina--PHYSICALLY PICKED HER UP--and dropped her out the back door.  I ran to my bedroom window and called her over.  (Luckily, she listens to me.)  I removed the screen and pointed to the barnyard.  She sat in the middle of the yard and looked.  I kept staring until she noticed the movement on the ground.  Tina went into total lioness mode!  She stalked it, pounced on it, and although I couldn't tell if she actually killed it, it was such a relief to see her out there mousing like a REAL farm cat! 

This evening, she willingly walked outside, I called her, and she sat until she saw something move.  

It has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment